Montgomery County FY21 Community Grants Online Portal is now open. Online webinar and office hours have been scheduled (see below).
Contact Us With Your Questions:
County Grants Email: email@example.com
County Grants Hotline: 240-777-7935
Meet with the Grants Team: https://calendly.com/mocogrants
For current grantees, mid-year reports are NOT required to be submitted for FY20. Final reports for FY20 will be due in September 2020.
Update as of 1/8/2020 @ 4 PM EST: Based on feedback from applicants in the first two info workshops, we revised the grant applications to provide more clarity for each question. The online applications and the reference templates are all up-to-date.
FY21 Renewal & Program Enhancement Application Template [For Reference Only]
FY21 New Organization / New Program Application Template [For Reference Only]
FY21 Capital Grant Application Instructions [For Reference Only]
FY21 Community Grants Info Workshop Deck
After discussions and focus groups with County and nonprofit stakeholders, Montgomery County is pleased to announce the FY21 Community Grants Application Process. Please note that there are a number of changes to the grants process for FY21 as outlined below.
- The County Council and County Executive FY21 Community Grants programs, including the application process and corresponding budgets, will be combined, creating a single, streamlined process.
- The community grant application portal for FY21 grants will open for submissions on January 2, 2020.
- The Community Grant application portal will close on January 29, 2020 at 12:00 PM.
- OMB and County departmental staff will review the renewal grant applications and make recommendations to the Executive, and the Executive will include specific recommendations for renewal grants in his FY21 Recommended Budget in March.
- The Executive will include in his FY21 Recommended Budget, subject to affordability, an amount of funding available for new and enhanced community grants programs.
- Due to timing constraints, recommendations for specific new and enhanced Community Grants will not be included in the FY21 Recommended Budget. Instead, OMB and Council staff will jointly develop a review process for new and enhanced programs. These recommendations will be transmitted to Council after March 15, 2020.
- Tuesday, January 7, 2020 – Plum Gar Recreation Center at 10:00 am;
- Tuesday, January 7, 2020 – Wheaton Community Center at 2:00 pm;
- Wednesday, January 8, 2020 – Council Office Building at 5:30 pm;
- Thursday, January 9, 2020 – Silver Spring Civic Center at 10:00 am; and
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 - Online Webinar at 4:30 pm;
- Monday, January 27, 2020 - Council Office Building/6th Floor, 100 Maryland Ave, Rockville, MD 20850 @ 6:30 - 9:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - Council Office Building/6th Floor, 100 Maryland Ave, Rockville, MD 20850 @ 6:30 - 9:00 pm
- Renewing viable and effective FY20 Community Grants funded programs.
- Renewing programs and funding levels for Community Grants from FY18 and FY19, if they were funded at a lower level or not funded for FY20.
- Creating, as funding allows, a limited pool of resources for new programs or program enhancements.
Additional changes to the grants process are being discussed for implementation in fiscal year 2022, there will be additional opportunities for the nonprofit community to have input into that process – those will be announced for Spring and Summer 2020.